Secrets For A Stress-Free Holiday From Anne Waters
If you’re like most of us, you’re starting to get overwhelmed by the sheer number of things on your December to-do list. Planning meals, organizing gatherings, traveling, shopping for presents… it seems like a never-ending parade of tasks needing your attention. Though it might seem counterintuitive, now is the best time to cut yourself some slack. It leaves you refreshed and ready to handle whatever holiday emergencies spring up. In that spirit, here are our best tips for beating holiday stress.
1. Don’t skip meals. No one is at her best on an empty stomach. If your packed schedule means lunch-time errands, think ahead. Pack yourself a healthy meal the night before. Taking ten minutes to eat at your desk is faster than hitting a drive-through, and you can prepare several days ahead to save time.
2. Make a seasonal soundtrack. Music lowers our blood pressure and lifts our mood. Put together a playlist of songs (whether or not they’re carols) that energize you. Wrapping presents will go by in a flash!
3. Delegate. You don’t have to do everything alone. Pass off a few items to your family to create some breathing room.
4. Squeeze in a workout. A kick of endorphins in the morning is a good way to feel productive all day. Sign up for an early yoga class, or do a half an hour on the elliptical before work.
5. Take a ‘mini-vacation.’ At least once a day, set a timer for thirty minutes and take a break. Don’t think about work or chores. Just have a cup of coffee or read a favourite book. This is your time to unwind and refresh.
You can’t fully appreciate the season through a cloud of stress. Remember- these are your holidays, too! Give yourself permission to enjoy them!
Drop by Anne’s on the Avenue for all your gift giving. We will help you pick the perfect gift and wrap for you. It can’t get any easier.
Secrets For A Stress-Free Holiday From Anne WatersDecember 8th, 2016
Winter Wellness Around the WorldNovember 11th, 2016
Fitness Tips To Prepare For Fall FashionsAugust 12th, 2016