Fashionable and Fabulous At 50
Forget what your mother told you about dressing your age. Being fashionable and fabulous at 50 is easy with a few tips.
If you’re in your fifties, there are stunning styles out there that will be both modern and stylish for you. Keep these simple tips in mind when you head out to restock your closet.
1. Quality matters. Buy good-quality fabrics from brands that have reputations for craftsmanship. Cheap materials can hang strangely or create wrinkles.
2. Watch your hem length- but don’t go overboard. Not wanting to wear miniskirts anymore doesn’t mean you need to be covered head to foot. Buy dresses, skirts with hems just above the knee to show off your calves. If you are going to wear something a little shorter pair it with a matching tight or pantyhose to keep it sophisticated.
3. Skip pastels and frills. For too long, fashion dictated that women over 50 should wear pale lacy dresses. Choose bold colours and strong shapes that make you feel confident. We particularly like the artistic pattern on this Bali sweater (6043).
4. Look for classic shapes in modern fabrics. Tunics and cardigans will be as cozy as they are pretty. Wrap dresses are always flattering. Boot cut jeans have a very cool shape. Keeping the shape classic while playing with prints and materials gives you a timeless sense of style. We love this cape style tunic and perfect for a lady with savvy style sense.
5. Be comfortable. When we feel great, we look great. Find outfits that make you feel beautiful and comfortable in your own skin. Frank Lyman Designs are always fashion forward with comfort in mind. From elastic waist bands to stretch fabrics, Frank Lyman Designs will take you from the boardroom to a night on the town. Check out his collection here and don’t forget to come to our Frank Lyman Day on September 30 2016.
What to wear on your Winter Cruise?January 4th, 2017
Rock Your Style : What to Wear On New Years Eve.December 27th, 2016
10 Stylish Winter Wardrobe Staples Every Woman NeedsDecember 27th, 2016
We are seeing Red this New Year’s EveDecember 18th, 2016
A Chic ‘Luc’ For WinterDecember 13th, 2016